Whole Body Approach
At Dingman Chiropractic in Watertown, we don't assume that localized pain requires only localized treatment. Your body is a vast network of interworking systems making up a beautiful and complex whole. We believe that the best way to treat any part of your body is to treat it as part of the larger whole.
We manage your treatment in stages, emphasizing both the importance of chiropractic adjustments as well as stretches and exercises that strengthen, promote healing, and prevent re-injury.
Conditions we can help with:
- Auto Accidents
- Back Pain
- Bed Wetting
- Carpal Tunnel
- Ear Infections
- Neck Pain
- Pinched Nerves
- Pregnancies and Pregnancy Pains
- Slipped Disc
- General Wellness
Stages Of Adjustment Treatment:
- Pain reduction – the first priority of any treatment is to reduce your pain and relieve symptoms. During this portion of your healing, treatments may include physio therapies and chiropractic adjustments.
- Muscle support – once your pain is under control, we will work with you to build and balance the muscles supporting the injured area. We do this primarily through stretching exercises added to your chiropractic adjustments.
- Strengthening the spine – in order to promote continued healing and prevent re-injury, we complete your care with exercises that will strengthen your spine and its surrounding muscles.
Types Of Therapy
Because every body and every injury is unique, we provide a variety of different treatment options. Ask us about which option or combination of options may be right for you.
- Kinesio Taping
Kinesio Taping is a treatment method that uses your body's natural healing processes to drive your recovery while providing support to muscles and joints that may be experiencing pain. Kinesio Taping is designed to prevent restriction to the body's range of motion while ensuring that natural healing can occur.
- Ultrasound Therapy
Ultrasound therapy uses sound waves to reduce pain, stiffness and swelling from sprains, strains and muscle spasms.
- Inferential Therapy
This method introduces electrical stimulation to manage pain and inflammation for soft tissue injuries.
Homeopathy works with your body gently and naturally to relieve symptoms, pains, and certain illnesses without the unstable side effects of traditional medicine.
- Ice Therapy
Sometimes the simple application of ice or cold packs to the area of pain is enough to reduce pain and inflammation. The cold works as a numbing agent and restricts blood flow until the ice is removed and veins expand, causing a rush of blood to the injured area.
- Heat Therapy
Most beneficial for chronic pain, heat therapy dilates blood vessels promoting blood flow to the area of pain. This can help relax the affected muscles.
- Nutrition Advising and Clinical Nutrition
Many symptoms--including chronic allergies and certain aches and pains--can actually be alleviated with proper diet, nutrition, or avoidance of certain foods. Dr. Dingman is a certified nutritionist who can help you design a plan to keep you at your healthiest.